quality systems manager
The Quality Systems Manager is responsible for maintaining, developing, and executing best practice quality systems and criteria at Hearts on Fire. This role ensures that all manufactured products meet the required standards for quality specifications. The manager assumes a leadership role in reinforcing and adhering to established company quality standards and specifications, validating quality through product inspection. The Quality Systems Manager will work with the Quality Assurance Team to drive a zero-defect supply chain culture.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assumes a leadership role in developing continuous improvement methods to include defect containment, root cause analysis, and internal / external corrective actions
- Maintains an effective Supplier Management program clearly stating performance expectations, supplier evaluations, and a rating system
- Manages the HOF shop – both flow of product and product quality
- Initiates and manages product recalls where deemed necessary
- Manages the product return and product repair process
- Utilizes corrective actions to drive continuous improvement by way of tracking supplier corrective actions and validating root cause dispositions
- Through product imaging, utilize go / no-go images to drive corrective actions and re-routing non-conforming product back to suppliers
- Interfaces regularly with Product Development, Merchandising, Marketing and Sales to ensure continuous improvement and adherence to company quality standards
- Responds to and manages all quality issues initiated by all other departments, Jeweler Retailers and Consumers
- Maintains an effective Certified Service Center program ensuring a qualified global network of service providers for HOF product
- Maintains an effective sampling testing methods to include metal assay and diamond testing to ensure all materials are conforming to specifications
- Tracks product to correct locations, transfer journal of product to either ship out to customers or when new product received from supplier(s)
- Facilitates Quality Assurance activities such as document control, calibration, data analysis, corrective action to drive prevention in HOF product from suppliers and contribute to supplier report cards
- Assists in facilitation of MRB as required to disposition non-conforming product
- Bachelor’s Degree
- ASQ CMQ/OE Certified
- Six Sigma Certified a plus
- Superior organizational skills and relentless attention to details.
- Excellent communication skills and a customer service orientation.
- Ability to multi-task to prioritize and manage a sizable and varied workload.
- Comfortable working with deadlines in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- Desire to work cooperatively with department colleagues and others in the organization.
- Experience using, and proficiency with, software applications, such as ERP systems, spreadsheets and manufacturing management software systems.
Please submit all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.